Bismarck conning tower.
The forward armoured conning tower as seen from the foremast searchlight platform. Its walls were 350 mm thick and the roof was 220 mm.
The 7-meter rangefinder cupola had not yet been installed at the time this photo was taken. The left side of the conning tower has been painted in black as part of the striped camouflage pattern.
Hamburg, February 1941.